Visual Artist Educator
Date Posted: Jul 10, 2019
Application Deadline: Jul 26, 2019
Start Date: Sep 07, 2019
Salary Range: 0 - 20K
Region: Hamilton Area
Employee Benefits: N/A
Organization's Field/Discipline: The Arts
Job's focus: Creative
Job Type: Independent Contractor
Career Level: Doesn’t apply
Hamilton Conservatory for the Arts is located at 126 James Street South in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Students of all ages can immerse themselves in over 100 arts programs including music, dance, visual arts, acting and more.The historic Hamilton Conservatory for the Arts features 18 soundproof music rooms, inspiring visual arts studios, spacious dance studios, an acoustically perfect recital hall and an art gallery.
At HCA we pride ourselves on the quality of our programming, the professional credentials of our instructors and the wide selection of classes within each discipline from which our members can choose. We offer dance classes in ballet, jazz, modern dance, hip hop and creative movement. Music students can choose from private lessons in; piano, strings, woodwind, guitar, drums and vocal music. We also offer group music classes such as Yamaha Keyboard classes. HCA’s musical theatre program allows students to train in singing, acting and dancing. Our acting classes for children encourage imagination and self-expression. For students interested in visual arts, we offer arts classes for children, teens, and adults.
For more information, visit www.hcarts.ca
The Hamilton Conservatory for the Arts is looking for engaging and dynamic, visual artist educators for field trip/outreach programming and full year programs.
- Weekday Daytime Availability from September – June for field trips and outreach activities. Outreach positions are Part Time/Occasional and located in the Greater Hamilton Area.
- Attend meetings as necessary with Artistic Director and community partners.
- Working individually or as part of a larger outreach team.
Full Year Programs:
- Evening and Weekend Availability from September - June.
- Developing new programs, including lesson plans, in a variety of visual arts disciplines for all age groups
- Preparing students for exhibitions or other age-appropriate presentations
- Post Secondary Education in Fine Art or equivalent
- At minimum two years prior teaching experience
- Previous experience developing new programs an asset
- Outreach Experience an asset
- Comfortable creating lesson plans and support materials for admin and marketing departments
- Ability to work with a variety of age groups and abilities
- Proven ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Demonstrated responsibility and reliability
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Positive and enthusiastic demeanour
- Comfortable handling, ordering and storing materials
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Subject line: Visual Artist Instructor
Please indicate your area(s) or training and expertise, and include a list of potential programming you could develop for HCA.
Candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.