Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned programming in the arts, culture and recreation across a stunning 10-acre site at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 40 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world by curating over thousands of events annually across its ten-acre site from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design to sailing lessons. There is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre, year-round
Video Content Creator
Directors: Creative Services and Digital Transformation
Director of Creative Services, Director Digital Transformation, Photographer/Video Producer, Marketing and PR Coordinators, Graphic Designers
Hours Per Week:
35 hours per week
Type of Employment:
Summary of Function:
Harbourfront Centre is looking for a skilled and creative Video Content Creator with a passion and knack for visual story-telling, to develop engaging video content that showcases our dynamic programming online during this time of at-home experiences.
Working closely with the Director of Digital Transformation and Photographer/Video Producer, the Video Content Creator will contribute in the production of contemporary digital content to be used on social media, web and marketing collateral.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, confident in their own abilities, and extremely self-motivated, resourceful, and hardworking. This is a full-time contract position, through August 31, 2020 with opportunity for permanent employment. Evenings, weekends and holidays work might be required.
· Brainstorm, plan, shoot and edit videos and photography that drive high engagement across social media platforms, YouTube, Harbourfront Centre’s website and campus.
· Capture and edit high-quality and compelling videos that effectively communicate an intended story, and brand ethos.
· Produce and execute Livestream video content.
· Support and collaborate with the marketing team in creating digital content for Harbourfront Centre’s social media channels and website.
· Curate and maintain company photo and video libraries.
Work, Health and Safety (WH&S)
· All staff are required to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of other personnel (including volunteers and interns) who may be affected by their conduct.
Skills & Requirements
· 4+ years professional video production experience.
· Demonstrated skill capturing photos and videos using DLSR and or/mirrorless cameras, audio recording and lighting equipment.
· Advanced in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop.
· Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign.
· Proficient understanding of livestreaming especially Livestream Studio by Vimeo.
· Familiarity with multi-camera shooting and editing.
· Understanding of digital platforms and social media best practices.
· Stay current on emerging media trends and strategies.
· Ability to anticipate needs and requirements.
· Familiarity with Mac platforms.
· Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Strong passion for arts and culture.
· Must be able to work under pressure and coordinate multiple deadlines.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work well individually as well as in teams.
Acceptable applications must include:
· Online portfolio.
· A current resume.
· A cover letter.
Please quote Job Reference #20FC14-MC
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by: July 3, 2020
Harbourfront Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.