Hi. We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us!
We're a mid-sized tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront. We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting connected home revolution!
Who’ll You Be Joining:
ecobee is looking for a VP Product to join our Product team, reporting to the CEO you will join a team that has set out to be the best Product Team in the world! We are a team full of creative ideas with a passion to build world class products and drive to get things done. We have had a few iterations of our thermostat, and in April this year we launched our new Home Monitoring solution, Haven which includes a Camera and Door & Window sensors. You are a fearless leader when it comes to accelerating a Product roadmap while managing a team of strong Product Managers.
To be successful in this role, you will have strong experience working cross-functionally and can work comfortably with technical and non-technical teams. You are passionate about your team and ensuring they are engaged and set up for success. As our VP Product you are customer obsessed, you start your day by reading the latest product reviews overnight and pouring over every detail into how to translate it into making a revolutionary product experience.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- You are a team builder, and are passionate about providing strong leadership and mentorship to our team of Product Managers
- As a Leader, you ensure your team is set up for success, holding regular 1:1s and talking openly about career progression and engagement
- As a member of the senior management team, you will define and maintain our overall product strategy and roadmap
- Always thinking about our customers, you will deliver products and services that are best in class
- Understanding how the business runs, you will work with our Sales and Marketing teams to ensure our products will integrate well with our current channels, clients, and ecosystem
- You will work very closely with our development teams on product roadmaps, prioritization, and resourcing to ensure we can build products and services that meet the needs of our customers and live up to our high standards
- You will use our many sources of data to ensure we are making decisions based on quantitative and qualitative insights
- Leverage existing and new external partnerships to improve our product roadmap
- You will live by our value of Empathetic, always thinking of the customer with everything we build and release