TEKsystems Canada Corporation
Business address: 4601 Canada Way Suite 401 Burnaby BC
Job role: Technical Cinematic Generalist
TEKsystems is growing a team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for video games to support one of our clients located in Vancouver, Canada.
TEKsystems is looking for a Technical Cinematic Generalist to support a major client in Vancouver, Canada. As a Technical Cinematic Generalist, you are responsible for working with the Art Director and Cinematic Director to oversee the production of cinematic sets for video games from the greybox stage to shippable quality. You will be expected to work closely with the storyboard, animation, layout, lighting, level art, and FX teams to proactively remove blockers and assist with any level related issues or requests. At times, you will need to work closely with the design team to negotiate or come to a consensus with design to solve art/design issues. You will be expected to drive issues to resolution and get buy-in from involved parties.
* Placing, replacing, and assembling art assets into the level.
* Working with AD and Art Leads to achieve visual direction for the level.
* Collaborating with Level Designer(s) ensuring level is playable and performant.
* Engaging with Level Designer(s) when there is a conflict between art and gameplay priorities.
* Working the Art Leads to create environment set breakout sheets.
* Communicating cinematic set requirements to environment art team.
* Create, integrate and test cinematic level scripting in-line with gameplay and level scripting.
* Work with engineers to test and provide feedback for custom cinematic toolsets.
* Tuning materials, lighting, cinematics cameras and layout where appropriate.
* Collaborate with the Director to create cinematic in-game moments where appropriate.
* Building assets where appropriate.
* Optimizing content to achieve performance profiles and collaborating with technical artists.