Social Media Editor (English Services) - VAN00986
Job Family: Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location: Vancouver
Status of Employment: Permanent, Part-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Please note this is a permanent, part-time opportunity (weekends).
Working with a talented team of journalists and programmers, you will help guide our social media strategy that places a strong emphasis on understanding and engaging younger, diverse audiences.
We’re looking for someone with exceptional organizational skills, an innovative and highly collaborative mindset and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Exceptional writing, communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
You will take the initiative and show independent judgement guided by the public broadcaster’s journalistic and programming standards.
· Connects with local communities in constructive conversations, reaching and engaging with audiences in social spaces, prioritizing meaningful and positive conversations and reflections of local communities.
· Reflects the diversity of contemporary British Columbia through thoughtful and deliberate curation of local content, prioritizing quality over quantity.
· Jointly with internal partners, manages social accounts.
· Curates social feeds. Writes, edits, packages and publishes content for presentation in social platforms in a clear and concise manner. Optimizes content for various social media platforms.
· Selects and edits photos, video and/or audio clips for social media.
· As required, re-packages information from various sources to make it engaging on social media platforms.
· Monitors social platforms for trending stories and community reaction. Shares and advocates for these stories within the newsroom.
· Solicits, coordinates and verifies local User Generated Content (UGC) on behalf of the station.
· Supports CBC staff with their understanding of the importance of social media.
· Ensures we are up-to-date on the latest social media trends and research.
· Collaborates with teams and individual staff within the station and across the country to find innovative ways to reach and grow audiences.
· Participates in public and/or community relations activities as appropriate, to program(s) and/or the corporation.