The Sr. Product Manager, Data Products will play a key role building Bell’s data strategy and products for use across all Bell divisions – notably Bell Media’s advertising platforms. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and continued evolvement of Bell’s key data platforms, Micro Markets as well as leading and developing new products and product strategies that take advantage of BCE’s wireless, wireline and media assets. The position will be responsible for conceptualization, business case, technical development and launch of new products to the market that primarily leverage BCE assets. This role will report to the Director, Advertising and Data Platforms as part of the newly formed Ad platforms team within Bell Media
- Lead, day-to-day management and product evolution of Micro Markets data platform,
- Developing product vision, and roadmaps detailing out how new datasets or innovations can be built to generate incremental product offerings or add to enhance existing products
- Solve complicated data problems relating to gathering, processing, transforming, and utilizing data in products, analytics and advertising solutions
- Develop product and data processing requirements and working with data and software engineers to bring new products and capabilities to market
- Work with legal and regulatory groups to ensure the most robust data protections and compliance are met including managing opt in programs and consent platforms
- Work closely with other Ad Platform product owners to enable data-enhanced product offerings or enabling technologies within Bell Media’s ad platforms and products
- Creative thinking around what data is available and how machine learning algorithms can be used to enhanced data offerings to drive added value across product offerings
- Drive advertising innovation by leveraging data and media inventory to create incremental value for advertisers.
- Identify key industry, competitive, and technology trends and communicate strategic implications to product teams.
- A champion for collaboration/teamwork and comfortable working with people across departments, levels of seniority, time zones and cultures
- Lead communication with key stakeholders. You are as comfortable in detailed engineering discussions as you are in open conversations with customers.
- Define success metrics, measure, and iterate based on user feedback
- Strong understanding of software product development and systems and the ability to understand complex data environments
- University degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics or related technical field with a strong analytical background.
- Experience working in business management and marketing with a strong ability to ideate, develop new concepts, and work cross functionally to manage and own the end-to-end product management lifecycle
- 5+ years product management experience with leading teams to develop, deploy and launch complex technology driven products
- Experience and understanding of big data platforms and capabilities an asset
- Understanding of algorithm design and execution including experience working with developers on machine learning and AI based applications
- Experience of GIS systems an asset
- Understanding of advertising technologies such as with DSP, SSP, DMP, or other ad technology, campaign planning or management platforms an asset
- Experience working in an agile build squad / team. Understands the fundamentals of agile / scrum based iterative product development, including user story development, backlog grooming, managing velocity, and establishing metrics of success
- Deliver results in a fast-paced, goal-driven environment that requires the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without compromising quality
- Comfortable with ambiguity and demonstrates strong ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience in working directly with senior stakeholders and leadership
- Proactive problem solver, with a passion for learning, and is results oriented