Are you ready to amplify your digital marketing skills? Do you have the knowledge to bring web pages to the top of search results? Then consider an exciting opportunity where you can make a difference in the lives of Ontarians by helping them to easily find information on government programs, policies and initiatives.
The ideal candidate will:
· Have proven Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) success managing Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaigns across Google, Yahoo and Bing.
· Be well versed in performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition.
· Be up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in search engine marketing.
· Have in-depth experience with bid management tools and website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics).
· Have strong analytical skills and experience generating reports.
· Be familiar with A/B and multi-variant testing.
The Marketing and Digital Strategy team at Cabinet Office is looking for a Search Buyer to coordinate SEO efforts, including keyword expansion research to inform and ensure web content is search-engine friendly and optimized to deliver organic search results. You’ll also build, manage and optimize paid search engine marketing (SEM) advertising strategies and campaigns for a portfolio of ministry clients to help promote programs.
Cabinet Office is the Premier's ministry. It provides the Premier and his Cabinet with advice and analysis to help the government achieve its priorities.
The Marketing and Digital Strategy team (MADS) works with our ministry partners to provide best-in-class marketing, social media, digital analytics and media buying for government programs and initiatives. For us, it's all about a citizen-centred approach, ensuring the people of Ontario are aware of, and have access to, the services they need. It's about inspiring change to help citizens understand the decisions they can make every day to make life safer, easier and inclusive.
We're committed to enhancing government marketing by bringing more services in-house to deliver campaigns and strategies. We want creative people who can collaborate and deliver concrete results for complex, interesting problems.
Why work for the Ontario Public Service?
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) is committed to being an employer of first choice, creating a positive and inclusive work environment.
· Paid statutory holidays
· Pay in lieu of benefits with optional enrolment in our group benefit plan
· A defined benefit pension plan
· Flexible work arrangements
· A welcoming and professional work culture
· Career growth and development opportunities across multiple business areas
What can I expect to do in this role?
· Develop and execute successful SEO strategies to improve the quality of content and key words to improve organic rankings.
· Lead SEM campaigns, including developing, writing, implementing, tracking and optimizing search marketing campaigns.
· Conduct key word research, and work with the creative and content teams to optimize content through variant and message testing. Execute tests, collect and analyze data, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum return on investment in paid search campaigns.
· Track, report and analyze website analytics and pay-per-click (PPC) initiatives and campaigns. Analyze campaign performance metrics; monitor costs and returns on investment; provide strategic advice, insights and post-campaign analysis, and assess against goals, return on investment and key performance indicators.
· Participate in media planning to identify target audiences and craft effective campaigns. Manage campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciling discrepancies.
· Perform quality assurance checks to ensure compliance with government standards (including, but not limited to, French Language Services, Government Advertising Act, etc.).
· Collaborate and coordinate with a variety of functional and stakeholder groups, including senior management, colleagues, program and policy staff, staff from other ministries, partners and stakeholders to ensure strategies are coordinated and executed effectively.
How do I qualify?
· You have extensive knowledge of current marketing/digital marketing trends, media buying and the campaign development process
· You have multi-platform expertise, as well as experience using various computer software (example: Google Adwords, Facebook, Microsoft Office, YouTube, Twitter)
· You have knowledge of data mining, data modelling, integration and development of data collection and management tools
· You are familiar with writing search-specific ad copy/content and developing key word searches for search engine optimization
· You have working knowledge of privacy legislation, budget management and reporting to resolve discrepancies and inform decisions
· You can analyze media buys, sales and user data, and associated metrics to ensure effectiveness and profitability of media placements
· You have demonstrated experience reviewing current resources/materials and identifying areas to incorporate into program strategy
· You have the ability to gather information and report on effectiveness of digital marketing activities, and provide guidance on media trends and practices
· You can assess a situation, identify and troubleshoot problems, and develop recommendations for mitigation
Project Management and Organizational Skills
· You have expertise in structuring, organizing and managing multiple projects, with a proven track record of successful project completion
· You have excellent time management and organizational skills to effectively manage multiple assignments in a deadline-driven environment
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
· You can write, communicate and present creative briefing materials, strategic communications and proposals
· You can develop effective partnerships to work collaboratively and negotiate with various media outlets, external vendors and stakeholders to achieve business goals
Inclusion and Accessibility
We recognize that everyone brings unique skills and experiences to the table and that not everyone “checks all the boxes”. Apply anyway! We believe that our differences are a form of talent, and each voice is valuable.
We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make MADS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. Our ability to deliver better public services can only be realized if we can engage with a diverse range of thoughts, experiences, and skills. We welcome applicants of all races, ethnicities, religion, sexual orientation, gender identities/expression, national origin, disabilities, and ages. We also work hard to create a psychologically-safe and inclusive working environment where employees are valued and have a sense of belonging.
Salary Range: $72,675 - $107,093 per annum
· 1 Temporary – 12 months (with possibility of extension), 99 Wellesley Street West, Toronto, Toronto Region
· All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Please submit your application/resume in one document in PDF or Word format (named according to the format “FirstName LastName” and not exceeding five pages), quoting Job ID 155823 (File CO 26-20-21) in the subject line, by Monday, November 9, 2020, to:
Please indicate in your application where you heard about this vacancy.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.