Our client, 9 Story Media Group, is an industry leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning animated and live action content for young audiences around the world.
9 Story Media Group is seeking to hire a Recruitment Specialist to be based at their Toronto headquarters. The Recruitment Specialist will create strong talent pipelines for the company by executing long-term recruitment strategies. The ideal candidate will primarily facilitate the full-cycle recruitment initiatives for the Toronto-based Production and Corporate teams as well as other departments as needed.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate and consult with leadership team and HR Business Partners to identify staffing needs, both current and future as well as carry out targeted recruitment campaigns.
• Ensure alignment of recruiting activities with business goals and hiring objectives.
• Work with the HR Director and/or HR Business Partners to create internal practices that ensures a great candidate experience.
• Create job description and post on appropriate job boards as well as perform targeted candidate searches.
• Proactively and creatively source viable candidates through traditional and non-traditional channels, such as utilizing job boards, social media, networking, professional associations, and employee referrals as well as internally to fill open positions with highly qualified talent.
• Review incoming resumes and qualify candidates through phone or in-person before presenting top-quality candidates to the hiring managers.
• With the support of the Recruitment Coordinator
- Coordinate the selection process for the hiring managers.
- Follow-up post-interview to collect interview notes and insights and utilize the HRIS and Applicant Tracking System to track applicant and candidate activity.
- Administer background checks, process, and document results.
- Create a database of qualified potential candidates.
- Attend and represent the Company at promotional or recruiting events.
• Stay current with industry and recruiting trends; evaluate and provide recommendations to improve the company’s recruitment strategies to the management team.
• Report on recruiting activities, challenges, and strategies as well as provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to HR team.
• Stay in touch with candidates to provide professional and timely feedback throughout the recruitment process, as necessary.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality as it relates to candidate and associate personal information.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 5 years’ of HR experience as an in-house recruiter in a corporate setting.
• Bachelor’s Degree or College Coursework in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field is preferred.
• Digital media and/or television experience is strongly preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, HRIS, and an Applicant Tracking System.
• Solid knowledge of government regulations relating to recruiting and employment.
• Proven experience in sourcing qualified candidates.
• Must have well-developed applicant screening and behavioral interviewing skills.
• Ability to make sound screening and hiring decisions independently.
• Solid organizational, planning, and time management skills and proven ability to manage and execute tasks with multiple conflicting priorities.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
• Professional communication style, presentation, and solid business acumen.
• Ability to function in a team environment with a team player attitude.
• Capable of thinking creatively and strategically with a keen attention to details.
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com stating the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.
Employer Contact Information
Bay Street HR
1 University Avenue
Bay Street HR provides outsourced human resources support from small to mid-size companies.