Programming Coordinator - Western Region (Vancouver)
APTN 1999 Marine Drive - Suite 210
North Vancouver, BC V7P 3J3
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched - Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
• Interact and support team members across Canada;
• See what really goes on behind the scenes;
• Showcase your creative abilities;
• Offer support in maintaining creative quality on original programming from Canadian independent producers;
• Review project proposals to ensure all required documents are complete and received;
• Assist with all programming agreements;
• Screen cuts and assist in reviewing various deliverables of APTN commissioned projects;
• Provide written reports on various aspects of active files;
• Ensure that all deliverables arrive according to agreement and follow up when overdue;
• Facilitate project deliverables with other APTN departments.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
• Post-Secondary education in a relevant discipline with proven, relatable experience;
• Intimate knowledge of all aspects of television and digital-media productions including financing and industry trends;
• An ability to assess and provide feedback and/or recommendations, to ensure that program content delivers to audience expectations;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Please apply before Tuesday March 12, 2019.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Employer Contact Information
339 Portage Avenue