• Analyze The Crate Group’s current business practices and production methods. Develop and implement new practices to ensure Company Growth.
• Prospect new clients utilizing SEO and social advertising in addition to cold calling, and follow up with existing clients; anticipate and respond to their needs and requests.
• Prepare quotes, spreadsheets and financial reports.
• Manage and oversee video pre-production, planning and on-site production activities for video clients.
• Supervise additional staff during video production.
• Shoot, edit, export and delivery high quality videos in diverse formats and codecs on time and within budget.
• Oversee video collection to ensure all media is archived appropriately and can be readily obtained.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Film Studies or related.
• At least 2 years of relevant experience in corporate film making, including proven experience building a successful Production Company from the ground up..
• Creative Video production techniques, including conceptualizing, shooting, lighting and editing videos, backed up by strong theoretical and practical knowledge of Video Production. Please provide a portfolio.
• Advanced skill with Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator and Audition.
• Experience with SEO tools, Mailchimp, Pipedrive and other CRM tools.
• Excellent organizational, planning, and communication skills.
• Experience managing a team.
• A collaborative mindset and ability to work with varying and changing needs.
• Ability to work independently, manage numerous projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Ability to operate and carry camera, lighting and sound equipment (up to 25 lbs).
• Availability to shoot on weekends, holidays or nights, depending on the client’s requirements.
• Multilingualism is an asset.
Employer Contact Information
Bernard has a diploma in Film and Video production (Pretoria 1986) and thirty years in the industry. He rose through the ranks, gaining much of his experience from behind Camera. He has worked on Feature Films, Commercials, Corporate videos, Documentaries and Music Videos.
Bernard has worked all over Southern Africa, in Morocco, Tunisia, China and Toronto, Canada. In the last seven years he has expanded his experience, producing and Directing Corporate Productions and Commercials.
He founded CareerCrate and Crate Productions in 2008. Crate Media evolved from Crate Productions, and together with CareerCrate is a subsidiary of The Crate Group Ltd.