HerStart Innovate the Future
Launched in September 2020, HerStart Innovate the Future is YCI’s program, funded by Global Affairs Canada, that propels sustainable economic development, social entrepreneurship and impact for women and their communities in Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda. Our goal is bold: Support 10,000 young women to become social entrepreneurs over the next 7 years.
Through the HerStart HerStory podcasts series, we will share women’s journeys to social entrepreneurship and how they are creating sustainable social impact to drive awareness and engagement for the program and promote social entrepreneurship to advance Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy’s (FIAP) key action areas – gender equality, environment and climate change, and human rights and inclusion. Topics may include the program’s approach, inspiring stories of women entrepreneurs and program participants, the innovative work of partners and the volunteer experience.
HerStart HerStory Podcast Producer
Reporting to Associate Director of Communications, the Podcast Producer will research, develop and support implementation of a podcast strategy and content plan to help drive program objectives and Canadian public engagement in Canada’s international development efforts.
• Advising positioning and promotions strategies and equipment needs: Support the completion and execution of the HerStory podcast series positioning and promotions strategies and implementation plan, including equipment required, leveraging best practices with a focus on engaging Canadians. Target completion by July 15, 2021.
• Training sessions and guides: Create a podcasting guide and training sessions to support content development and help volunteers interview program participants to share their stories. Delivery by July 31, 2021.
• Production: Produce 25 podcast episodes, including scripting, booking guests, scheduling and running recording sessions, and editing and mixing complete episodes; Work in collaboration with team members, partners and volunteers in Canada, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda to best leverage podcasts to drive program objectives. Delivery by March 31, 2022.
Please submit in a single PDF attachment the following components:
1. Breakdown of approach to execute deliverables within timelines (max 3 pages).
2. Links to a minimum of 3 samples of final produced podcasts that you completed and their success metrics.
3. Your CV
4. Contact information for 2 previous clients to serve as a recommendation.
Deadline to apply is May 16, 2021 however applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage early submissions.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.