First Peoples Radio, (FPR) is looking for a dynamic personality to join the 95.7 ELMNT-FM Ottawa team. Your role as the Morning News Co-Host is to assist the Morning Host in structuring, researching, and generating entertaining, informative and fun content for the Wake Up Ottawa Morning show.
• Represent 95.7 ELMNT-FM by engaging with clients, listeners, and peers;
• Assist the Morning Host generating content off air, including video and social media;
• Establish a great community presence in the Ottawa community alone or with the Morning Host;
• Initiate, identify, research, pitch, and submit morning show bit ideas on a daily basis;
• Research and write news stories for the morning newscasts;
• Deliver high quality, accurate, informative and target audience-based newscasts;
• Contribute story ideas and book guest interviews for the nightly Morning of Truth talk show.
Requirements & Experience:
• A degree/diploma in Radio Broadcasting/Journalism/Media and, 3 – 5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Experience with planning, producing, and executing radio broadcast;
• Experience researching, writing, and delivering newscasts for radio, television, or digital media;
• Broadcast knowledge of production best practices, news ethics and policies;
• Proficiency with Internet, E-mail and other business-related computer software is required;
• Experience with an Indigenous organization and culture is an asset.
Please email your resume by Friday September 25, 2020 quoting file FPR – 0024.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Metis applicant to apply.