Toronto, ON (hybrid work model)
Canada’s fastest growing full-service Performance Marketing Agency, located in Toronto’s historic Distillery District, is looking to fill a full time Media Panner/Buyer role. This role will allow an individual to develop in-depth knowledge of the direct response media buying market.
Canada’s fastest growing full service DRTV agency, located in Toronto’s historic Distillery District, is looking for a Media Planner/Buyer (TV) to purchase, schedule and negotiate commercial airtime on behalf of clients through a variety of stations. Core to this is the ability to build strong relationships with clients, stations contacts and colleagues to create a seamless, efficient process and successful outcome.
You have strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills, and great attention to detail. You have a solid working knowledge of the TV media space, Radio would be a bonus!
· Work within client budgets and parameters to plan and build media buys/proposals
· Allocate and manage media bookings and develop media schedules that satisfies campaign parameters
· Manage the media buying process to deliver exceptional results, and oversee the administration of the media plan
· Prepare, write, and present media plans and proposals to satisfy client objectives
· Provide the most rate efficient media buys based on station availability while adhering to the clients spend levels and requirements
· Analyze station performance to measure campaign success based on client targets
· Using data and metrics, analyze reports for station/campaign performance and make recommendations for optimization of media campaigns
· Prepare market analysis
· Assist with post campaign reports
· Promptly respond to all email inquiries
· Communicate and negotiate with media vendors to ensure best rates and availability
· Make necessary revisions to the media buys
· Research discrepancies as needed, i.e.: incorrect rates, campaign flight errors, etc.
· Managing and resolving billing discrepancies and inquiries
· Maintain awareness of media inventory levels/media landscape
· Internally collaborate with all team members to execute efficiently
· Tailor buying approach as needed: traditional DRTV performance driven media or drive to web (URL)
· Negotiate media campaigns with sales representatives
· Request submissions from media partners for upcoming campaigns
· Maintain good client relationships and keep up to date with updates from media partners
· Work with junior staff and provide guidance on media processes
· Post secondary education (Advertising/Media background is an asset)
What you bring to the table:
· 2+ years in a Media Planning/Buying role, specifically in TV, Radio would be a bonus
· In-depth knowledge of the media industry
· Rigorously detail oriented
· Customer focused
· Analytical thinker and an independent problem solver
· You must take ownership and want autonomy in your role
· The ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced/deadline-based work environment
· Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
· Experience with TV software such as Nlogic; knowledge of CoreMedia Direct a bonus
Kingstar Media offers a highly competitive compensation package including medical benefits, vacation time off, and additional work benefits for holidays, birthdays and anniversaries! Salary 50-60k per year.
Interested applicants are invited to send their curriculum vitae to email@example.com. Please add ‘Media Planner/Buyer’ in the subject line.
Kingstar Media encourages applications from people with disabilities and is committed to providing an accessible workplace for those individuals. Should you require accommodation, Kingstar Media will provide support at any point throughout the recruitment process and will work with you to meet your needs. For more information about Kingstar Media, please vis