The Art of Education University (AOEU) is seeking a highly-skilled Marketing Manager (Flex/PRO) to bring people, data, and ideas together to turn a great product into a market-leading solution. This is a right- and left-brain type of role wherein a single day you could go from analyzing pipeline data to building a marketing campaign for growing FLEX Curriculum and PRO Learning at the district level. The Marketing Manager position will report directly to the Director of Marketing and own and execute ideas — from crafting the messaging to building campaigns. At the completion of a test or campaign, the Marketing Manager will measure, track, and provide detailed reporting on the impact of our efforts.
Marketing Department | What We Believe |
We solve problems, the Art Educator’s problems. We deliver solutions to those problems by making art teachers feel more connected and less like they are alone on an island.
Our team is unique. We hold ourselves to a different standard.
- We write and design for the individual, not stadiums.
- The boundaries are removed to enable every aspect of the experience to focus on building more engaged students.
- When developing new ways to communicate we develop for the customer. Then, we can use data to validate.
What we believe
- We believe that more engaged students/customers/readers = growth
- We strive to make every interaction feel authentic and handcrafted
- When we make decisions, we optimize to provide rigorous, relevant, engaging learning at every stage of the art educators career
- Marketing doesn’t end when someone downloads content. Everything each of us does is marketing.
- People want to be part of a movement. In order for the mission of AOEU to be fulfilled, how can this piece help it spread?
- Through every interaction, we aim to provide value.
The Art of Education University | Who We Are |
Our mission is simple, driven, and inspiring: We grow amazing art teachers by providing rigorous, relevant, and engaging professional development at every stage of their career.
AOEU is an innovative and fast-growing institution of higher education serving art teachers around the world. In 2019, we became the first homegrown graduate university in the state of Iowa in 50 years and the world’s first “University For Life,” serving art educators throughout an entire lifetime of learning.
The Art of Education University serves tens of thousands of students, readers, and customers around the U.S. and in over 40 countries. Our Magazine is read more than 800,000 times each month, our events are attended by over 4,000 art educators annually, and we serve over 2,000 graduate students each year.
The Details | Marketing Manager (Flex/PRO) |
- Build a pipeline and drive revenue through developing lead generation campaigns at various points in the customer journey.
- Execute across all appropriate channels including paid search, SEO, account-based marketing (ABM), display, paid social, and webinars.
- Coach team members through product messaging & communication methods.
- Maintain a culture of collaboration. Break down silos to make the customer journey the most effective from top-of-funnel to customer retention.
- Work closely with graphic design on creative execution necessary to support demand generation programs.
- Participate in review and planning sessions with sales, school success, marketing, and product leaders which will inform the demand generation strategies.
- Write conversion copy for email, landing pages, chat, and in-app suggestions and notifications.
- Develop a strategy with sales, school success, marketing, and product leaders to create a customer-centric lead generation engine.
- Develop campaigns and supplemental materials aligned to sales and school success and translate them into sales sequences, one-pagers, and presentations.
Campaign Analytics and Reporting
- Track and analyze the performance and funnel metrics related to all efforts to continually optimize the performance of our campaigns.
- Provide recommendations to the content team for articles and podcasts that improve SEO and SEM ranking for PRO Learning and FLEX Curriculum.
- Optimize SEO, SEM, and social advertising for enterprise products.
- Develop case studies, identify customer stories, and report customer success data for team members to leverage and drive compelling conversations.
- Prospect call and email coaching to ensure consistent messaging that adds value and uncovers potential impact for AOEU.
- Provide feedback and recommendations for our pipelines: targeting criteria, strategy, engagement, messaging, objection handling, and execution.