Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank’s engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that’s impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video
Scotiabank’s Platform Organization (PLATO) is a technology modernization department in the Information Technology & Solutions group that is working to define the future of technology in banking, and create a better customer experience. We are looking for individuals with passion for innovation and revolutionary ideas to join our team in our journey to modernize the Bank.
You have a natural curiosity about emerging technologies and how they can be used to improve people’s lives. You are familiar with product development methodologies and technical considerations within financial services. You employ strong influencing skills to negotiate with all levels of leadership to obtain commitment to your approach. You take seriously that you are a custodian of your customers’ well-being and an integral part of your business’s success and proactively seek to align the two at all times.
Mandate & Span of Authority:
As a Market Segment Manager, your mandate is to drive modernization within PLATO’s markets. To execute your mandate, you will work with a team of engineers, Agile coaches, product managers, and product marketers. Your authority includes all tasks, deliverables, and outcomes that relate to each market’s PLATO platform & feature adoption plan that drives that market’s modernization plan.
- Use superpowers and mandate to overcome any barriers to achieving annual modernization plan for one market segment
- Drive the achievement the market modernization & market adoption plans required to achieve the annual strategy for market modernization
- Manage (Partner or “work with”) and multi-divisional teams to execute on mandate, market modernization plan, and market adoption plan
- Coach the segment, holding them accountable to their commitments and providing advice on adoption
- Be a trusted advisor and biggest advocate of various PLATO product groups
- Manage interactions with the market and PLATO
- Maintain strong relationships to drive modernization
- Run the segment team
- Strategize further avenues of modernization within the market
- Apply experience and provide input to a range of market projects, programs, and business issues
- Provide professional advice and recommend standards to the market community and senior management