Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank’s engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that’s impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video
Scotiabank’s Platform Organization (PLATO) is a technology modernization department in the Information Technology & Solutions group that is working to define the future of technology in banking and create a better customer experience. We are looking for individuals with passion for innovation and revolutionary ideas to join our team in our journey to modernize the Bank.
You have a natural curiosity about emerging technologies and how it can be used to improve people’s lives. You are familiar with product development methodologies and technical considerations within financial services. You employ strong influencing skills to negotiate with all levels of leadership to obtain commitment to your approach. You take seriously that you are always a custodian of your customers’ well-being and an integral part of your business’s success and proactively seek to align the two.
Mandate & Span of Authority:
The Market Analyst, is a key member of our market segment team and responsible for providing support to market segment managers and their markets, to achieve set goals for modernization. To execute your mandate, you will work with a market segment manager, software engineers, agile coaches, product managers, and product marketers. Your authority includes all reporting, analysis and integration of market needs that relate to each market’s PLATO adoption and modernization plan.
- Use your superpowers and mandate to support modernization plans of one or more market segment teams.
- Create dashboards and other status reports depicting the progress made by markets on the modernization plans.
- Follow-up on priorities and action items with stakeholders in the supported markets to ensure committed milestones are met.
- Act as a business analyst/project coordinator.
- Back up segment managers by running meetings and keeping the focus on delivering the top priorities.
- Maintain strong relationships within product team to drive modernization success for markets.
- Participate in one or more market segment teams.
- Apply experience and provide input to a range of market projects, programs and business issues.
- Actively contribute to the overall success of the market segments.