Manager of Programming-Western Region (Vancouver)
North Vancouver, BC
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched - Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
APTN is seeking a top performer who is committed to celebrating and promoting a stronger Indigenous production community. Do you want to be part of showcasing distinctive Indigenous content produced by, for and about Indigenous Peoples? If you said YES, then this is the right opportunity for you!
• Manage and commission original programming from producers in Western Canada;
• Guide and monitor the implementation of digital-media and television components;
• Represent the network during production industry functions, festivals, conferences and seminars;
• Read scripts, visit production sets and post-production facilities;
• Ensure programs are in accordance with the CRTC broadcast licence;
• Demonstrate a passion for leading your team to success through coaching and goal setting;
• See the “big picture” at every development/production stage and scheduling process;
• Have a creative side, and take risks to find the biggest hits our audience wants to see;
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with independent producers, consultants and new talent.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
• Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline with proven, related experience;
• Intimate knowledge of all aspects of television and digital-media productions;
• Proven leadership skills as a direct level manager;
• An ability to provide feedback and/or recommendations to ensure that programs deliver to audience expectations;
• Creativity, planning, negotiating, and forecasting skills;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Dependability, positive attitude, and a genuine commitment to your team.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Click here to join our team today. Please apply before Friday, March 15, 2019.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.