A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first National Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, We share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 Employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer-matched Defined Contribution pension plan, and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35-hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us that we support you and your success during your time with us. Our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
Are you committed to celebrating and promoting a stronger Indigenous production community? Do you want to be a part of showcasing distinctive Indigenous content produced by, for and about Indigenous Peoples? If you said YES, then this is the right opportunity for you!
· Become part of the team at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers;
· Provide leadership, guidance and supervision to direct reports;
· Determine what programming is required based on APTN Programming Plan and in accordance with the CRTC;
· Review, evaluate and recommend all project proposals with the Programming Committee;
· Make content and financial decisions, negotiate principle terms of all;
· Represent the network at Production Industry Festivals, seminars and conferences;
· Ensure compliance with funding bodies submission deadlines;
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with independent producers, consultants and new talent;
· Assist with the preparation of project plans and budget.