Address:55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:Corporate Affairs
This role will focus on creating content for our BMO.com website. This includes research, strategy and writing.
As a Content Strategist on BMO’s Experience Design Team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape and create BMO’s content across our digital properties. This role requires clear and effective writing skills, close collaboration with design, product and development teams, and the ability to make proactive recommendations to help take our digital content to the next level.
As a Content Strategist, here’s what you’ll do:
- Write, edit, and review content for BMO.com and other digital properties
- Deliver high-quality copy that reflects and adheres to our standards for brand voice, SEO, accessibility, and design
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to assess content needs, identify opportunities, and deliver best-in-class customer experiences
- Make proactive recommendations based on data and research, and help solve problems to ensure content opportunities are implemented
- Gather information from multiple sources to develop content for product pages, articles, FAQs, calculators, videos, presentations, emails and more
- Manage and maintain copy decks from start to finish (including internal client revisions, legal/compliance feedback, technical updates and SEO optimization), and ensure content is on-brand and in line with compliance and legal standards
- Deliver content strategies, competitive scans, content audits, editorial calendars, SEO plans, presentations, and detailed copy decks
- Actively look for opportunities to continuously improve our content processes and contribute to the creation and maintenance of guidelines
- Contribute to a team peer review process to ensure all content meets BMO standards
- Work independently on a range of complex tasks
- Take on broader work or accountabilities that may be assigned as needed
- What makes you a great fit?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Typically between 4 and 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or other relevant education
- In-depth analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to write in a conversational, engaging and persuasive style
- Experience working as part of cross-functional teams on small and large projects
- Ability to work within an Agile framework with changing priorities and technology
- Knowledge of AODA compliance and accessibility writing best practices
- Experience executing a successful online customer experience; this includes experience with SEO, personalization, accessibility and content strategy
- Financial industry experience would be an asset
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.