YM Inc. was founded on the strength of a single retail store in the heart of downtown Toronto in 1975, under the name Stitches. Today we are one of North America’s leading apparel retailers operating over 600 stores across Canada and the United States under the following banners: Stitches, Urban Planet, Urban Behavior, Sirens, Urban Kids, Suzy Shier, Bluenotes, West 49, Amnesia, Mandee and Charlotte Russe.
The Jr. Graphic Designer is responsible for conceptualizing, designing and presenting original artwork concepts that meet the needs of our merchandise production schedule and reflect current market trends.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create original labels, hang tags, merchandise graphics and artwork as assigned
- Emulate current trends for our target market as directed
- Work closely with Buyers across a range of categories
- Present projects to the team and adjust designs according to feedback
- Prepare artwork for production, ensuring all information is accurate and standards are provided
- Revise artwork accordingly should any difficulties arise during production
- Assist in creating a graphic design resource for the department
- Assist in forecasting trends as well as conducts independent research
- Conduct store visits and competition reports
- Maintain technical knowledge of necessary programs
- Assist in graphic approvals where applicable
- Adhere to corporate health and safety policy requirements to contribute to a safe work place
- Any other related duties as assigned