We are looking for a part-time Instructor for our signature Classical Animation program at Vancouver Film School.
The Instructor has a wide range of 2D and digital animation knowledge and understands the principles of movement and life through a traditional medium. The successful candidate brings rich experiences in the film industry and enjoys crafting a story based on traditional techniques with a strong foundation in Toon Boom Harmony. The Instructor can act independently, is a team player, and possesses a strong sense of commitment, dedication, and responsibility to the VFS model of education.
Through our Classical Animation program with a focus on traditional, digital and hand-drawn character animation, we inspire students to learn key industry skills and experiences to enable drawings to come to life on screen. This is a great opportunity for you to directly educate the next generation of animators in a supportive and fast-paced environment.
Reporting to the Head of Animation & Visual Effects, the Instructor is responsible for delivering curriculum effectively, professionally, with an awareness of diversity and inclusion, while providing specific feedback to students.
Note: This is currently a part time hourly term position. We encourage you to apply directly on our website and it’s a bonus if you are currently working in an animation role or studio!
- Provide students with instruction based upon existing curriculum and course syllabus.
- Class attendance and grading.
- Respectful, inclusive, professional guidance of students where appropriate.
- Punctual and conscientious management of classes.
- Understanding of Moodle Learning system (grading, attendance, assignments, Lesson support materials).
- Collaboration with Senior Instructor and faculty on progression of courses.
- Collaboration with administration staff on resources and equipment issues.
- Engagement in other workshop/initiatives and opportunities to support VFS as available.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Animation & Visual Effects