Host, Weekend Morning Show (English Services) - WIN00879
Job Family: Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location: Winnipeg
Status of Employment: Contract, Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
CBC Manitoba is looking for a dynamic new Radio Host for our Weekend Morning Show!
· You are an insatiably curious storyteller with a passion for drawing information, stories and accountability out of interview subjects on a daily basis.
· You are passionate about Manitoba, its diverse people and perspectives. You have a strong desire to give listeners knowledge, insight and a deeper understanding about their province. You are a community-builder.
· You have an eclectic range of interests in topics both local and beyond -- from politics to social issues to business, pop culture, science and environment and everything in between. As an interviewer, you are an active listener who seeks clarity and understanding, anticipating what the audience needs and wants to know.
· You have an ability to be a leader in upholding and demonstrating the highest of CBC’s journalistic standards and practices.
· You bring curiosity but also something beyond -- a demonstrated openness to diverse perspectives and ideas -- as well as an understanding that using a full range of tones, including humour, is key to strong radio current affairs programming. You are enthusiastic about experimenting with talk formats, including taking risks with innovative treatments of topics.
· You are comfortable going on the air live at any time, reacting to breaking news and changing events, updating and remaking the program as needed.
· You are a natural storyteller with a proven ability to discover and bring to life -- in the field and in the studio -- people and issues that reflect Winnipeg today.
· You will play a key role in helping us connect with, and grow, new audiences through the range of stories and perspectives presented on the program, as well as through regular outreach and public events.
· You lead by example in promoting the values of an inclusive and respectful work culture.
Please note that this is a full time, one year contract position subject to review and renewal.
· As an editorial leader on the team, works to ensure the program mandate is always reflected in the show:
· Conduct multiple daily live and taped interviews.
· Write, collaborate on and perform scripts.
· Perform a variety of tasks associated with the preparation and on-air presentation of program material on radio, digital and social.
· Conceive of original stories and concepts and work collaboratively to produce them.
· Build relationships with a diverse cross-section of key community leaders to enhance our understanding of the region and to increase the range of voices and perspectives on the program.
· Keeping on top of important news developments throughout the day with an eye to ensuring the program is always relevant and topical.
· Moderate and participate in public events, representing the Weekend Morning Show and CBC Manitoba.