Are you a passionate, creative, data-driven marketer? Do you love to experiment and push boundaries? Are you as committed to the growth of your team as you are to the growth of your brand? Are you excited by the dynamics between online and offline media, content, social, performance marketing, experiential marketing and PR? Do you lead by example and work to elevate those around you? If so, this may be the role for you.
Join one of North America’s leading and progressive Cannabis Consulting firms as a Marketing & Communications Manager. Reporting to the Vice President of International Sales & Marketing, you will be responsible for all marketing & communications activities directed at all our clients & across sales team in Canada and the US, as well as promoting & supporting all CCI’s events & conferences throughout the year.
Working closely with the SL team, the Marketing Manager will collectively make key decisions for the company's marketing and communications strategies. Reporting to the VP of International Sales & Marketing, the successful candidate will take the lead role in directing the planning and execution of client and direct sales communications to maximize revenues and profitability in all segments of the business.
Furthermore, the Manager will develop overall G2M strategy, manage all trade show deployments tactics, uncover new N/A and potentially global trade shows for CCI to attend, as well as execution to ensure a very high-quality standard of optics at the shows and innovation in the planning and management of marketing and communications.
What you will do:
1. Lead Brand Marketing Efforts
· Create and oversee execution of a comprehensive marketing communications launch plan, year one plan and ongoing annual marketing plans to meet revenue goals;
· Lead the management of the external marketing budget;
· Develop relationships with and leverage partners to maximize marketing support and cross-promotion;
· Develop and oversee execution of affiliate marketing plan; leverage marketing and promotions opportunities through affiliate partner relationships;
· Ensure brand consistency across product, marketing collateral, PR, etc. (includes positioning, look and feel);
Work closely with team to develop and track brand KPI’s and communicate across the business;
Manage, motivate, coach and develop marketing team.
2. Lead Product & GTM Marketing Efforts
Work with the product team to leverage research & insights on product features, utility, price elasticity and product positioning to inform go-to-market strategy;
Function as the key advisory for Product Management and work with Product Management to define and execute go-to-market strategies;
Develop and support go-to-market strategies by developing product positioning, messaging, and value proposition; segments and prospect definition; customer acquisition, marketing and sales funnels and preparation of materials for launches;
· Be an expert on the competition. Analyze, advise, and report on market competitors and trends;
· Liaise and collaborate with functional teams: Product Management, Content & Programming, UX, Product Development, and Technical Developers in order to assess and incorporate product features in line with business goals and provide input into the product road-map;
· Establish and maintain processes and tracking for product release management communication within the company;
Collaborate with sales team to develop sales tools for all channels
3. Lead Customer Acquisition Efforts
Develop and manage the overall customer acquisition strategy overseeing execution of all online and offline acquisition initiatives including: digital marketing (paid search, organic search, pay-for-performance display, affiliate advertising channels); direct response; offline advertising and promotions.
Incorporate brand identity, new positioning, and service enhancements across all prospect touch points;
Balance brand-building, awareness and consideration initiatives with direct response results to deliver volume commitments;
· Oversee and manage robust prospect targeting strategy. Identify optimal list procurement strategy and lead development of prospect targeting models; identify and assess deployment of new offers and channels to improve relevance, increase response rates, and expand market penetration, Lead with data across all channels;
· Manage digital marketing scorecards across digital marketing touch-points: email, search, social, display, mobile, affiliate, and search and compile monthly reports to management on program performance
Work closely with analytics team to develop a deeper understanding of how digital metrics can be leveraged in tandem with customer analytics to form an understanding of churn, life-time value and new customer acquisition opportunities and costs across all media touch points;
Develop and utilize analytics to help optimize and measure the success of digital marketing initiatives.
Qualifications & Education:
University degree in Business or Marketing is required; specialization in marketing is a plus
Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in same or relevant field
Solid knowledge of marketing/communications strategy
Understanding of basic marketing mix including social media, SEO and Key Word Search Strategies
Have a track record of high level of strategic thinking, developing strategy
Strong understanding of and experience with using digital & social media marketing is necessary
A strong leader who has the ability to influence an SL team
Proven budget management skills
Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written) required.
Why Join CCI:
The organization: One of the best managed and most successful, cannabis consulting firms in Canada.
The role: Has a mandate for change and innovation. Will have a team to help plan and implement change
The people: Will report to a well-known and proven mentor. High collaboration
Our culture: we are a young, lean and vibrant company. We are an intelligent, fun, hard-working group of people who love to wear multiple hats in an exciting work environment.