*Up to two positions available*
Job ID: 2719
Riverview, Coquitlam, BC
Reporting to the Senior Film & Special Events Manager, the Film Supervisor schedules, trains, supervises and directs Film Liaison staff in the completion of on-site services and site supervision for various filming and special events. In addition, the Film Supervisor is responsible for film scouts, technical and wrap surveys at Provincial Rental Housing Corporation/BC Housing Management properties.
• Diploma or certificate in Business Administration, Video Production, or other relevant discipline OR an acceptable, equivalent combination of education or experience
• Courses in electrical, plumbing and carpentry or other trades an asset
• Minimum four years’ experience in a related field
• Experience working in fast paced and chaotic environments, working with diverse clients and other stakeholders
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Experience working with and enforcing policies and procedures
• Experience inspecting new and existing buildings to identify maintenance issues
• Or an equivalent combination or education, training and experience may be considered by the employer
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• An understanding of the practices and processes associated with the filming industry and requirements for prep, film and wrap of productions.
• Good knowledge of standard maintenance procedures and practices.
• Some knowledge of electrical, plumbing and carpentry or other trade experience.
• Knowledge of and expertise in enterprise applications such as JDE, Oracle, as well as good knowledge and proficiency in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, MS Word and Excel.
• Ability to supervise, schedule and train BC Housing staff and contractors on site.
• Ability to function effectively as part of a team in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to conduct reviews of physical location and to identify possible maintenance issues.
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines, while responding to numerous diverse and shifting challenges without compromising the quality of the work.
• Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with clients and stakeholders, and exhibit diplomacy and tact in the resolution of issues.
• Well-developed communication, consultation, negotiation, conflict resolution, consensus building, client service and interpersonal skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to find and implement creative and practical solutions to problems.
• Strong decision-making skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage complex issues and requests.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, with a solid command of English grammar.
• Detail orientation and well-developed business acumen and judgment.
• Valid BC Driver’s Licence.
• Willingness to travel on Commission business and work evenings and weekends on a regular basis.
Please note: The successful applicant(s) will be required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check.
To view the Job Description and to apply for the role of Film Supervisor, visit www.bchousing.org/careers/current_jobs. When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application as a single Word or pdf file.
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2018—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Follow us on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/BC_Housing to find out about positions as they come available.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.