* Up to two positions available *
Job ID: 2718
Riverview, Coquitlam, BC
Reporting to the Film Supervisor, the Film Liaison works in a fluid environment, requiring the incumbent to adapt to constant changes quickly. The main focus of the role is to supervise setting up ("prep"), filming and dismantling ("wrap") of production activity & special events ensuring compliance with production/event contract and site rules at Provincial Rental Housing Corporation/BC Housing Management Commission properties.
• High school graduation plus completion of a number of post-secondary courses in a relevant field
• Training in film or business management an asset
• Courses in electrical, plumbing and carpentry or other trades an asset
• Or an equivalent combination, education, training and experience acceptable to the employer
• Minimum three years’ experience in a related field
• Experience working in fast paced and chaotic environments, working with diverse clients and stakeholders
• Experience working with and adhering to policies and procedures
• Experience inspecting new and existing buildings
• Or an equivalent combination or education, training and experience may be considered by the employer
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Some understanding of the practices and processes associated with the filming industry and requirements for prep, film and wrap of productions.
• Knowledge of standard maintenance procedures and practices.
• Some knowledge of electrical, plumbing and carpentry or other trade.
• Basic knowledge in enterprise applications such as JDE, Oracle.
• Knowledge and ability to use productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, MS Word and Excel.
• Ability to function effectively as part of a team in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to conduct reviews of physical location and to identify possible maintenance issues.
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines, while responding to numerous diverse and shifting challenges without compromising the quality of the work.
• Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with clients and stakeholders, and exhibit diplomacy and tact in the resolution of issues.
• Excellent communication, consultation, persuasion, conflict resolution, consensus building, client service and interpersonal skills.
• Problem-solving skills and ability to find and implement creative and practical solutions to problems.
• Decision-making skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage complex issues and requests.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, with a solid command of English grammar.
• Detail oriented.
• Valid BC Driver’s Licence.
• Willingness to travel on Commission business and work evenings and weekends on a regular basis.
To view the Job Description and to apply for the role of Film Liaison, visit www.bchousing.org/careers/current_jobs. When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application as a single Word or pdf file.
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2018—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Follow us on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/BC_Housing to find out about positions as they come available.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.