|Job Title:||Director, Corporate Communications|
|Department:||Brand and Communications|
|Employment Type:||Full Time, Permanent|
|Reports To:||Director, Brand and Communications |
| || |
Are you looking for a career with purpose and a flexible work environment? At Medavie, we’re driven by our purpose to improve the wellbeing of Canadians and excel by living our values of being Caring, Accountable, Responsive, Innovative and Community-minded.
The Director, Corporate Communications plays a critical leadership role in building and protecting Medavie’s brand and ensuring best in class employee engagement through effective communications strategy. They are accountable for engaging our more than 7,500 Medavie employees – from corporate office functions to customer and patient support, including contact centers, dispatch, and frontline health care staff - as well as clients, stakeholders and communities across Canada. This role oversees a talented team of internal and external communications professionals across the regions there we do business and also has accountability for translation services.
What you’ll do
• Accountable for enterprise-wide communications in relation to Medavie’s overall strategy and corporate plan, including promoting our culture, goals, and values through multiple communication methodologies and channels
• Oversee the development of fully integrated communications strategies to advance Medavie’s business priorities across our insurance and health care delivery operations, including comprehensive stakeholder relations strategies as well as the organization’s approach and messaging related to diversity, equity and inclusion and Medavie’s impact in the communities we serve
• Play a critical role in supporting leaders and their teams through our evolution of work across multiple geographies as we envision our new, mostly flexible work model for corporate staff; this includes assessing and enhancing internal and external tools
• Actively engage with partners, including the Canadian Association of Blue Cross Plans, the Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association, and others to ensure aligned and consistent messaging
• Act as an active member of the Medavie Director team, partnering effectively with cross functional colleagues across the business while enhancing their overall collaboration and awareness of business priorities
• Act as a key member of the business continuity team, leading crisis communications strategy, media training, and response across the enterprise; this includes identifying and acting as a corporate spokesperson, as required
• Provide strategic communications counsel on reputational issues and work closely with Senior Leaders on leadership communications, including internal and external announcements, change management, and overall business
• Play a critical role in contributing to the overall achievement of the business growth and objectives of the organization