Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
About the opportunity:
This role is part of the content and community field within Tucows. Under the mentorship of the Senior Digital Media Producer, reporting to the Head of Content and Brand, you’ll be responsible for taking our marketing and social content into the animated realm. We’re looking to expand our output of animated explainer and tutorial content across all our brands. Likewise, give our marketing teams an assist with animated promotional ads and inventive social experiments. Finally, our content team needs help producing content that accompanies blog and social posts, this may involve re-editing found footage in a fun way, or helping our social team film and edit something totally from scratch.
A deep interest in mobile and internet technology will help you succeed in this role.
We are looking for someone to start on a 6 month contract - with a possible offer of a permanent role for the right candidate at the end of said contract.
This is a completely remote role within Canada and the United States.
- Editing video content for a variety of projects, including marketing, corporate communications and explainer/tutorial/elearning
- Work collaboratively with our marketing and design teams to ensure final product meets our project/branding guidelines
- Identify opportunities where digital media could be added to existing/upcoming projects or campaigns. Likewise, identify inefficiencies in the production process with ideas on how to improve.
- Create final files ready for digital, social or broadcast. Including closed-caption support on all projects.
- Assist Senior Producer on larger scale projects such as nation-wide marketing campaigns, external recruiting campaigns, and internal documentaries