The incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
• Proven ability to develop and implement innovative marketing and communications plans is required
• Excellent knowledge of and expertise in the use of social media platforms (current and emerging) is required
• Proven ability to work successfully under pressure including prioritizing workload, setting priorities, meeting deadlines with minimal supervision
• Excellent interpersonal skills are required including proven ability to exercise judgement, tact, diplomacy and discretion
• Excellent communication skills are required
• Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills are required
• English language fluency is required
• Experience in photography and editing photographs is required;
• Experience in digital layout and/or graphic design is highly desired;
• Expertise in the use of MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator),
WordPress, mass email distribution software, third party cloud services for e-publishing and web registration is required
• Strong knowledge of the University’s culture and institutional goals and objectives is highly desired
Education and Experience:
The above is normally acquired through the completion of:
• Completion of a four-year honours university degree in Journalism, Communications or related field
• Five years of related work experience in marketing, public relations and communications or journalism
• Experience in creating, writing, editing and producing marketing and communications material required to support events and activities
• Specific experience in developing content, monitoring and analyzing effectiveness of web-based communication vehicles and social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram is required
Carleton University and CUPE 2424 re currently completing a joint job evaluation and pay equity project. The University and the Union are working together to describe the skills, effort, responsibilities and working conditions associated with every CUPE 2424 job, including this one. As a result, the job description that is currently associated with this posting (for recruitment purposes) may be revised to reflect the actual duties captured in the new job descriptions.
By applying for this job you are acknowledging that the actual duties associated with this job may differ somewhat from those identified in the job posting and that you will agree to perform the duties of this job as determined through the joint job evaluation process.
Equivalencies will be considered. Applicants are encouraged to provide information which may demonstrate equivalent qualifications. Please note that applicants may be required to complete an employment test as part of the selection process for this position. Those applicants that are selected for an interview will be requested to contact the Human Resource Advisor assigned to this competition as soon as possible to discuss any accommodation requirements. Arrangements will be made to accommodate your request in a timely manner. Carleton University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our University including, but not limited to: women; visible minorities; First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples; persons with disabilities; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expressions.