Curriculum Resource Materials Specialist
One (1) permanent, full-time position – Toronto, ON
Are you bilingual – English and French – and highly skilled in proofreading, editing and keyboarding? Do you have experience in marketing to outside clients? If so, seize this exciting opportunity to join the Toronto District School Board (TDSB) and play a key role as part of the Leadership, Learning and School Improvement team.
Reporting to the Unit Coordinator, Library Teaching Resources, you will assist in the development of new TDSB curriculum resource materials, especially in the editorial process of proofreading, revising and preparing print and digital manuscripts for publication, and arranging equity and content reviews. As a Curriculum Resource Materials Specialist, you will also assist in monitoring budgets of curriculum development teams, as well as market TDSB-produced curriculum materials to external clients.
As a Curriculum Resource Materials Specialist, you will:
· Assist Program Coordinators in overseeing editorial process of instructional resources materials for print and digital publication, including support for developing the Virtual Library website;
· Liaise with external editors, and consultants;
· Liaise with the internal TDSB printing department and external printers regarding layout and printing of materials;
· Produce promotional flyers and letters;
· Produce and maintain an accurate catalogue of TDSB-produced curriculum materials digitally;
· Write descriptions of materials for the catalogue in the database;
· Distribute promotional materials in mailings to external clients (school boards and individuals);
· Prepare, review, and respond to regular mail, e-mail and phone correspondence with external clients and answer their queries;
· Provide information about duplicating and reprint rights and duplicating prices to external clients;
· Proofread and revise manuscripts, curriculum support materials, and other materials, as required;
· Prepare documents for printing or digital publishing;
· Process invoices and payments for project development teams producing curriculum materials (including external consultants and editors);
· Liaise with the Accounting and Payroll departments to expedite payments;
· Monitor and update project budgets;
· Produce reports for Program Coordinators, Centrally Assigned Principals and the Unit Coordinator on resources for sale, marketing materials and costs;
· Process payments for materials made by external customers;
· Receive payments, record payments and forward cheques to TDSB Accounting department along with proper documentation to credit correct Internal Order #s and GL Accounts; and process credit card payments;
· Assist the Library Learning Resources Program Coordinator;
· Using the database of curriculum materials, produce monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue reports, and generate reports of sales, distributions and inventory, for the Unit Coordinator and the Library Learning Resources Program Coordinator;
· Take orders placed by TDSB schools and external customers by telephone, email and fax;
· Respond to phone, e-mail and fax queries about types of documents distributed and sold, copyright and reprint queries, current inventory, and problems with deliveries; and
· Perform other related duties, as assigned.
To take on the role of Curriculum Resource Materials Specialist, you must have:
- A three-year community college diploma in a related field, including computer courses, with two (2) years’ related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Ability to communicate effectively to staff, using a customer service focus;
- Proficient keyboarding and computer skills, including the use of e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, web publishing and design, and database management applications;
- Strong proofreading and editing skills;
- Experience marketing to outside clients; and
- Knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping procedures.
- Bilingualism in French and English in order to proofread and edit English and French manuscripts.
Wage rate: $35.09 per hour
This CUPE Local 4400 permanent, full-time position is located at 3 Tippett Road (wheelchair accessible).
Please submit a resume and cover letter, by 4:30 p.m., March 23, 2021, quoting competition #CUPE C-21-0067UE in the subject line, to:
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and adhere to fair employment practices.