Curriculum Resource Materials Specialist
Permanent, full-time position – Toronto, ON
With your strong proofreading and editing skills, and experience marketing to outside clients, you welcome this opportunity to be part of the Toronto District School Board (TDSB)’s Leadership, Learning and School Improvement team.
Reporting to the Unit Coordinator, Library Teaching Resources, you’ll assist in the development of new TDSB curriculum resource materials, especially in the editorial process of proofreading, revising and preparing print and digital manuscripts for publication, as well as arranging equity and content reviews. You will also play a key role in monitoring budgets of curriculum development teams, and marketing TDSB-produced curriculum materials to external clients.
As a Curriculum Resource Materials Specialist, you will:
· Assist Program Coordinators in overseeing editorial process of instructional resources materials for print and digital publication, including support for developing the Virtual Library website;
· Liaise with external editors, and consultants;
· Liaise with the internal TDSB printing department and external printers regarding layout and printing of materials;
· Market TDSB-produced curriculum materials to external clients;
· Produce promotional flyers and letters;
· Produce and maintain an accurate catalogue of TDSB-produced curriculum materials digitally;
· Write descriptions of materials for the catalogue in the database;
· Distribute promotional materials in mailings to external clients (school boards and individuals);
· Prepare, review and send responses to telephone, e-mail and mail queries from external clients;
· Provide information about duplicating and reprint rights and duplicating prices to external clients;
· Proofread and revise manuscripts, curriculum support materials, and other materials, as required;
· Prepare documents for printing or digital publishing;
· Process invoices and payments for project development teams producing curriculum materials (including external consultants and editors);
· Liaise with the Accounting and Payroll departments to expedite payments;
· Monitor and update project budgets;
· Produce reports for Program Coordinators, Centrally Assigned Principals and Unit Coordinator on resources for sale, marketing materials and costs;
· Process payments for materials made by external customers;
· Receive payments, record payments and forward cheques to TDSB Accounting department along with proper documentation to credit correct Internal Order #s and GL Accounts;
· Process credit card payments;
· Assist the Library Learning Resources Program Coordinator;
· Using the database of curriculum materials, produce monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue reports, and generate reports of sales, distributions and inventory, for the Unit Coordinator and the Library Learning Resources Program Coordinator;
· Take orders placed by TDSB schools and external customers that are placed by telephone, email and fax;
· Respond to phone, e-mail and fax queries about types of documents distributed and sold, copyright and reprint queries, current inventory, and problems with deliveries; and
· Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Wage rate: $34.40 per hour
This CUPE Local 4400 permanent position is located at 3 Tippett Road (wheelchair accessible).
Please submit a resume and cover letter, by 4:30 p.m., January 23, 2020, quoting competition #CUPE C-20-0001UE in the subject line, to:
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and adhere to fair employment practices.