William Osler Health System (Osler) is a multi-site hospital system serving 1.3 million people in one of the fastest-growing and most culturally-diverse regions in Ontario.
With our new 2019-24 Corporate Strategic Plan, Going Beyond for Healthier Communities as our roadmap, we are shifting traditional thinking and re-imagining health care to help people live healthier lives, reduce chronic disease and improve access to care.
At Osler, we are committed to providing safe, equitable, high-quality care in a fulfilling work environment that inspires our staff, physicians and volunteers to learn, innovate and grow. We are proud to be recognized, year after year, as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers and Canada’s Best Diversity Employers.
Here you will work alongside a highly-committed and respected team that understands what it means to go beyond to meet the health care needs of our communities.
HOURS : Currently Days (Subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
As part of the Strategic Communications team, the Corporate Communications Specialist is responsible for implementing various employee (staff, physician and volunteer) and corporate/reputation communications programs and vehicles from concept through to production. The Corporate Communications Specialist reports to the Manager of Corporate Communications.
- Drive the development and implementation of proactive internal communications plans, including the creation and management of messages and themes in alignment with the overall communications strategy and Osler’s strategic goals and priorities
- Responsible for providing strategic advice and leading the production of internal communications, including executive communications, organization/corporate-wide communications, and crisis communications
- Develop, implement and evaluate strategic communications plans, products and strategies (e.g. communication and rollout plans, key messages, speaking notes, memos, presentations, posters, brochures, booklets, postcards, blogs, video scripts, web and social media content, surveys/questionnaires etc.) to address and respond to the needs of diverse internal and external audiences and promote organizational programs and services in a proactive and positive manner etc.
- Monitor issues, emerging trends and themes within the organization, as well as in the community, and develop communications plans or provide counsel on how to manage these developments and to address business issues or threats.
- Manage and/or contribute to communications programs, including corporate events, corporate branding activities, communications projects and initiatives from various departments (e.g. human resources, finance, patient experience-including patient and family communications, professional practice, privacy, ethics, information technology, facilities and redevelopment etc.) and clinical services and programs
- Contribute thought leadership on internal communications best practices and participate in strategy development within the Strategic Communications portfolio
- Support Foundation and Volunteer programs, fundraising activities and events as required