Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
As a Communications Manager, you will shape the way we tell our story to the press and external audiences in Canada with the objective of increasing comprehension that Pinterest is a place for inspiration. You will have the opportunity to shape and execute the communications strategy that enables Pinterest to build strong relationships with journalists and influential voices in order to increase relevancy and reach through earned media, including consumer, business, B2B and industry trade audiences. We want to provide the best possible experience for people who use Pinterest around the world and generating awareness is key to that effort. You will be a part of the global communications team and tell compelling stories of how Pinterest makes a positive impact for people and businesses.
What you’ll do:
- Lead communications efforts for Pinterest across audiences in Canada
- Develop and implement a proactive comms strategy focused on telling the story of how people use Pinterest and how businesses can reach inspired shoppers on the platform
- Work with the growth and sales teams based to amplify business, creator, and marketing activities with press and non-media influencers and stakeholders
- Build relationships with key journalists about the impact that Pinterest makes in people’s lives and the value of Pinterest as a resource for their stories
- Work with spokespeople to prepare them for press interviews and speaking opportunities
- Provide communications counsel, support, message management and media training for team leaders
- Monitor and track press coverage to help shape our future strategy and opportunities