|Posting ID:|| ||21211|
|Position Type:|| ||Regular/Full-Time |
|City:|| ||Vancouver, BC, Canada |
|Location:|| ||Vancouver H/O - Canfor/CWPM_1000 (BC13) |
Canfor’s strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
Canfor is a leading, global forest products company. We have a longstanding track record of ensuring our business leaves a positive lasting impact on the environment, communities and people we work with.
Come join Canfor as we build the tomorrow we imagine possible by creating a future as sustainable as the forests for our people, our products, our communities and the planet.
Canfor is seeking an energetic and creative Advisor, Communications to join our team. You are excited to continue developing a career in communications. You are skilled at crafting engaging stories, developing social media strategy and content, developing the community giving plan and fostering partnerships, implementing community engagement plans, managing issues and events, and writing a variety of materials. The ideal candidate will have experience building relationships with internal departments, vendors and partners, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
In this role you will work closely with the Director, Communications and Senior Advisor, External Relations to support a variety of communications activities, with a focus on engaging our over 7,000 global employees and strengthening our community profile across our North American operations. This includes developing sponsorship and giving partnerships, developing community presentations, identifying the developing profile building opportunities in our operating communities, developing content for Canfor’s intranet and social media channels, sourcing creative promotional items while working alongside a talented team in forestry.
- Develop, coordinate and implement Canfor’s community giving strategy along with partnership development, identifying non-profit opportunities with regional teams and tracking of applications
- Manage the governance and annual community giving budget
- Develop and implement a social media strategy that aligns with the corporate brand
- Develop community presentations
- Draft briefing notes and letters to stakeholders
- Work closely with internal team to ensure internal and external efforts are aligned
- Write and post content on Canfor’s intranet
- Oversee the internal e-store and source new and creative promotional items
- Lead and/or support the planning and production of events
- Develop and implement communications programs and initiatives such as employee activation or awareness campaigns, community relations, advertising and sponsorships
- Manage timelines and budgets