A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first National Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, We share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Highlights of this opportunity:
Do you enjoy chasing the story, being creative with your work and showcasing your passion for the industry? Do you value your independence; enjoy meeting new people and are you always looking for the “shot”? If you said yes, then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for!
• Become part of the team at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers!
• Cover a variety of shoots, including political stories, current events, rallies/protests and cultural festivals;
• Meet and develop new contacts, as you travel nearby and to remote communities;
• Join a team that provides coverage of the issues facing Indigenous communities locally, nationally and worldwide;
• Showcase great time management skills as you juggle multiple deadlines;
• Collaborate with team members and work well independently;
• Demonstrate strong communication skills while interacting with the public and remote colleagues;
• Use HD technology and receive full technical support from our Winnipeg broadcast technicians.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
• A diploma or certificate in a related discipline with proven current daily News broadcast experience;
• Hands on experience with Sony XDCAM camera equipment, audio boards, ENG lighting techniques, various Avid editing platforms;
• Familiar with NewTek’s Tricaster TC1 series (not essential);
• A valid driver’s license and a clear driver’s abstract;
• Strong written and verbal communication in English;
• A sensitivity and understanding of culture and issues relevant to Indigenous communities;
• Strong computer/internet/social media familiarity and knowledge of broadcast technology/troubleshooting.
Your new opportunity awaits, come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Please apply before Monday, February 22, 2021.
Please include a link to your demo, with application.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note: During the current COVID-19 environment- all interviews will be held via MS teams or teleconference.