ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
Values are timeless, they transcend and rise above all. They guide everything we do, as employees of the Foundation. We share a common vision of a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. We make mistakes, we reflect, and we grow so that we can impact our world – it’s why we are here. We are ambitious and driven. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful
The Associate, Digital Communications works with and supports the Content Team to manage digital content across all Foundation social media and web properties. This role would benefit from a social media and digital all-rounder, who is interested in helping to build the Foundation’s digital presence.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Moderate user-generated content and engage audiences across multiple Foundation social channels.
- Manage online reputation and identify issues, document and resolve the issue in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Source and support social content production (original text, images, video, web) for all platforms and target audiences.
- Build meaningful connections and encourage community members to engage in online discussions.
- Use timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of content for audience interaction while analyzing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits.
- Stay current with social platform tech and trend developments and best practices.
- Generate ideas for innovative and interesting content and campaigns.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, audience insights and best practices, and then using and acting on the information to increase outcomes.
- Contribute to the editorial calendar, platform publishing/scheduling, and copywriting.
- Work with the content team to develop large digital communications campaigns across several platforms/profiles.
- Provide social media support and counsel to other members of the content and larger communications team, as needed.