Assistant Art Director
Deluxe Animation Studios provide concept-through-delivery development and production services for clients seeking 2D, 3D and hybrid animation services.
The Assistant Art Director will oversee and help establish the visual aesthetics for all characters, sets, and props for a 3D animated episodic series.
- Collaborate with Director, Art Director, and Department Heads to explore, develop, and implement the visual style of all assets and shots of the project.
- Create concept and development artwork for characters, costumes, props, sets, and backgrounds.
- Create development art packets that other departments in the pipeline will use as reference.
- Oversee delegation, and review of artwork for all assets and shots with local and international artists.
- Conduct steps for artwork review with the Art Director, meeting the look and needs for the series’ production. This includes properly executing changes and notes from key creative team on a project in a timely manner.
- Training and coaching the design team to produce high-end artwork properly and on schedule. This includes establishing training materials, department procedures, helping to improve and develop tools, answering questions and working with artists to find creative solutions for problems that may arise.
- Help to ensure final lit and rendered assets tie back to design pack.
- Manage and maintain targets and quotas for their department.
- Support all departments with fixes/changes and any modeling issues that may arrive during production.