Position: Advisor, Marketing and Communications
Division: Marketing and Communications
Location: Edmonton, AB or Calgary, AB
Always there. Anywhere. That's us! We are committed to delivering inspired solutions for a better world. We care about our communities, we care about each other, and we care about showing up for those who need us. We never break a promise and we have the courage to do the right thing, even when it's hard. We take pride in holding ourselves to the highest standard of integrity and excellence in all that we do.
We're seeking a talented and creative Marketing and Communications Advisor to join our Utilities Marketing and Communications team based in either Edmonton or Calgary, Alberta. A top-notch writer and professional communicator, you'll be part of an incredible team that works in a dynamic environment, supporting a variety of programs, projects as well as general communications initiatives that reinforce ATCO's strategic business objectives within our Electricity and Natural Gas divisions.
Reporting to the Manager or Senior Advisor, you will be a valuable member of a cohesive and highly motivated team whose responsibilities include all facets of the marketing and communications field: web, social media, digital, sponsorships and community investment, event management, brand and reputation management, media and external stakeholder relations, internal communications, and more!
You'll use your stellar skills as a storyteller and content creator to execute communications plans with a strategic marketing focus, working closely with teams across ATCO's business divisions.
We're looking for someone who cares about their work and strives for more each day. Someone who challenges the status quo, embraces change, and thrives in a collaborative work environment. If you are someone who approaches work with passion, curiosity and the courage to innovate, then this role is for you.
Communications Planning & Execution:
- Research, develop, manage, execute, and measure the effectiveness of corporate communications to support business strategies for both internal and external audiences.
- Market our diverse suite of products and services, while reinforcing our key brand attributes.
- Help coordinate and execute sponsorship and event logistics as required.
- Support written or digital projects for senior leadership as required.
- Liaise with internal customers to develop and implement comprehensive internal communications plans in support of, but not limited to: Employee engagement, health and safety performance, wellness initiatives and technology programs, to name a few.
- Write and edit integrated marketing and communications content that ensures the ATCO team is engaged, inspired, informed, and accountable; continue to share the company's goals and our progress against those goals across internal communication channels.
- Tailor communications to engage employees at all levels.
Communications Channel Management:
- Manage internal, digital, and traditional communications channels to optimize employee engagement, and coordinate content for-and optimize the use of-external channels and emerging marketing and communications platforms to build awareness among our key audiences.
- Utilize channel analytics to measure the effectiveness of internal and external communication channels and work to continuously improve.
- Develop and/or support the execution of project-based communications plans that integrate messaging and tactics for internal and external audiences.
- Execute on elements of project plans to meet key deadlines and maintain touchpoints with project leadership to progress key project deliverables.
Stakeholder Engagement & Issues Management:
- Research and understand policy, regulatory, and industry issues and opportunities to ensure communications to community and stakeholders are relevant, timely, and effective.
- Work collaboratively across the Marketing & Communications function, as well as across other ATCO business divisions when required, to support a coordinated brand marketing approach.
- Participate in the execution of Crisis Communications, as required by supporting our crisis management teams.