Ontario Energy Board
Empowering Ontario’s energy future
We are the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) – Ontario's independent energy regulator. We work to ensure a sustainable, reliable energy sector that helps consumers get value from their natural gas and electricity services – for today and tomorrow.
If you are energetic, collaborative and looking for an exciting career opportunity, we invite you to consider joining our team as Advisor, Community Relations & Outreach. In this role, you will liaise with the consumer community and network with non-energy sector associations, as well as community and municipal organizations, to understand consumer needs, and ensure that consumers are aware of energy issues and the role of the OEB, and that energy billing, retail contract and time-of-use pricing information is effectively communicated and understood.
Advisor, Community Relations & Outreach
Job ID #593
12-month contract position
• Identify potential sources, partnerships and relationships among consumer groups, community associations and others to support OEB outreach initiatives, build networks and gather community information to identify consumer needs and gaps in understanding
• Support the community relations team with respect to public events, conferences and speaking engagements
• Develop presentations and other materials for use at various community outreach events, as required, as well as content for print or video communications materials
• Facilitate presentations to educate both consumer community and other non-energy entity stakeholders about the role of the OEB and other consumer protection-related initiatives
• Provide on-site support for other facilitators for community outreach events, as required, introduce speakers and present supporting/logistical information
• Coordinate events, determine event scope and target audiences, develop project plans and schedules, coordinate staff and resource requirements, and manage event logistics and associated budgets
• Develop event plan budgets, manage costs and track expenditures, as well as manage events-related catering, purchase activities and communications materials
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Post-secondary education in public relations, media relations, journalism, communications or an energy-related discipline
• 5 to 6 years’ experience, which includes some combination of communications, public relations and community engagement; or a combination of regulatory energy and community outreach experience
• Experience organizing and implementing pre-event, event and post-event activities
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines effectively
• Familiarity with, and ability to develop and use, social media campaigns
• Experience managing the development of a Contact Engagement Management System database through project management with IT, applications testing and designing the data queries and reports
• Superior communication skills, oral and written, with good presentation/public-speaking skills
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
• A second language would be an asset
• Ability to work as a member of a team in larger projects and independently with minimal supervision
• A driver’s licence, in good standing
• Willingness to travel, as part of a team, two to three times per month on average; travel may be within the GTA or the surrounding southwestern Ontario region
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends
If you enjoy working with a group of staff dedicated to working cooperatively with stakeholders to help build and sustain public confidence in Ontario’s natural gas and electricity sectors, you’ll enjoy being a member of our team. We offer an environment that provides intellectually challenging work, inspires innovation and creativity, and rewards collaboration.
Come and work with us!
• Comprehensive Health and Dental Plan
• Life and Disability insurance
• Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits
• Employee Assistance Program
If you would like to explore this exciting opportunity, please e-mail your resume, in confidence, by Thursday, December 13, 2018, to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please quote Job ID #593 and the Position Title in the subject line of your e-mail.
As Ontario’s independent energy regulator, the Ontario Energy Board is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates. We regret that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.