Syndicado, a leading Canadian based digital distributor of documentaries is offering a Winter internship for smart, video and business savvy 4th year students seeking to gain insight, knowledge and experience in the new world of digital distribution. Our client base on the content side includes documentary and art house film distributors in the US, Canada and Europe. On the retailer side, we are currently working with Netflix, iTunes, Microsoft, vudu, hulu, Viewster, YouTube, Rogers, and Amazon.
• Transcode video files from master .MOV format to various other formats, mpeg2, mpeg4, as required.
• Screen new master files for quality control, e.g., no dropped frames, interlacing, etc.
• Edit TV series adding commercial breaks throughout our series for launch on online platforms such as hulu
• Edit Artwork, resizing photos (poster art) from one format/size to other sizes. Creation of DVD covers and other artwork/graphics as required.
• Create promotional trailers, videos for specific titles or stunt promotion.
• Trouble shoot video issues, address and fix quality control issues.
• Prepare harddrives with programs for delivery to our digital retailers around the world.
• Coordinate materials between our office and our post facilities in Toronto and LA, and our broadcast clients.
Skills & Requirements
• Must have experience and be adept at using Final CutPro/Compressor, streamclip, and other editing programs as required.
• Experience and capability using photo editing programs.
• Editing with Final Cut Pro; Compressor.
• Must be confident and knowledgeable in a MAC environment.
• Knowledge of iTunes and online VOD and EST offerings, companies.
• Must be comfortable working in a small office environment.
• Must be interested in the genre and digital distribution.
• Web and social media savvy. This doesn’t mean you chat on facebook, but more that you’re familiar with meta tools and a business case for using specific social media apps to achieve specific business objectives.
• Word press and writing skills. Able to update and manage our various Web properties with new releases or development of editorial schedules for event based programming.
• Business acumen, able to work on new projects from inception to completion, including business plan/case development, funding applications for new projects, social media site management.
What we offer
• An opportunity for full time placement post internship.
• Grassroots experience and knowledge in to the future of the media industry.
• An opportunity to stretch, learn beyond what you’ve been taught over the past 31⁄2 years.
• Casual but savvy environment.
• Variety of tasks, responsibilities and willingness to develop new opportunities based on your interest.
• Organic, free trade coffee.
Please send cover letter & CV highlighting your relevant experience, reason for interest in this role, top objective at the end of the term and your top 3 favourite docs to: email@example.com