Senior Communications Coordinator
Are you an innovative strategic communications, marketing, or advertising professional? Do you have experience in executing marketing and integrated advertising campaigns; integrated strategic communications campaigns; or planning and coordinating large-scale events and announcements? Do you excel at conveying information in a clear, concise manner, both orally and in writing, and enjoy writing a variety of communications materials?
If so, bring your expertise in marketing, journalism, and/or public engagement planning to the Communications Branch at the Ministry of Energy as a Senior Communications Coordinator. This is an opportunity to support initiatives dedicated to informing Ontarians about key Energy programs and services.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• provide strategic advice and support to the Minister, Deputy Minister and senior management in the planning and implementation of communications strategies and public relations activities
• provide strategic advice and tactics on the delivery of high-profile corporate communications strategies and programs
• plan strategies for clients and assemble and manage a team of communications specialists to implement client communications and roll-out activities
• plan and coordinate large-scale public engagement events, announcements, research, advertising and initiatives
• lead communications activities across various line ministries, agencies and other jurisdictions in support of the government's core business goals and priorities
How do I qualify?
Leadership and Relationship Management Skills:
• You have the ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and lead complex communication projects and other communications initiatives by applying appropriate strategic methodologies.
• You have experience as a trusted advisor to clients and staff and to develop and maintain positive relationships.
Communications Knowledge and Abilities:
• You have specialised knowledge in the theories and techniques of communications, marketing (e.g. creative briefs, production schedules, and media buying), research, advertising, journalism, event planning, media and public relations.
• You have experience in senior-level strategic communications planning and implementation.
Communication and Presentation Skills:
• You have the proven ability to effectively convey information and ministry position in a clear, concise manner, both orally and in writing.
Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills:
• You can apply your analytical skills to identify and address emerging issues and potential problems and opportunities that require communications support.
• You are able to think strategically and creatively.
Consultative and Negotiation Skills:
• You have demonstrated innovation, persuasion and negotiation skills as well as political acuity to work with others in achieving mutual goals.
Salary Range: $70,538 - $103,944 per year
• 2 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 900 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, November 15, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 113009 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.