ELMNT Radio- FPR First Peoples Radio
Toronto, ON M5A 0B5
If you love to be surrounded by great music then take a look at this opportunity!
FPR (First Peoples Radio) is looking for a Music Director who will be responsible for developing, organizing, researching and promoting the music that will be aired on FPR for Toronto and Ottawa FM stations. Both are new FM stations launching April 2018.
• Builds and maintains relationships between FPR and key stakeholders within the music industry;
• Develops and determines the content of daily music logs and music requirements for FPR stations in both Toronto and Ottawa with the
• Gathers weekly music research for Indigenous, Cancon and foreign potential hits;
• Sources promotional information on music for the on air talent and the website;
• Works closely with Marketing and social media to ensure promotion of FPR’s new music adds;
• Attends music concerts with a priority to watch Indigenous artists perform for possible live on air performances;
• Develops a schedule of live in-station un-plugged performances;
• Merges daily and weekend music logs with Traffic Manager;
• Works in co-ordination with production and programming;
• Writes regular music promos to promote FPR’s music formats in a creative way;
• Builds a strong awareness to a wide variety of Indigenous artists that fit FPR’s format of Rock, Pop, Hip Hop, R & B, Soul and new country
• A degree /diploma in a relevant discipline and 2-5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with an Indigenous organization and culture is an asset
• Proficiency using the ‘Music Master’ software or RCS equivalent is required
• Marketing experience in a medium to major market is required
• Broad knowledge of contemporary music styles (Rock, Pop, Hip Hop/ Soul/R & B/Country) is required
• Proficiency with Internet, E-mail and other business related computer software is required
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Metis applicant to apply.
Employer Contact Information