Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier, more fun lives.
The Director of Graphic Design plays an integral role on lululemon’s design team creating world class athletic apparel that is acknowledged as leading in innovation, design, function, fit and quality. Reporting to the EVP of Creative Direction, you will lead a team by inspiring new ways to concept ideas and by providing clear direction. You must possess strong communication skills to work with cross-functional leadership levels and have a “go getter” attitude to take on multiple and varying projects while reflecting lululemon’s ethos.
Experience and Expertise:
• Strong presentation skills with the ability to influence, negotiate, and collaborate with key business partners
• Ability to build strong relationships at all business levels as this position requires person to engage/lead/collaborate with many stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
• Strong working knowledge of apparel and accessories construction and production
• Detailed understanding of the creation process
• Strong knowledge of material suppliers, material production, and technical material feasibilities
• Creates and enforces Graphic/Print consolidation and alignment for product goals
• Has a strong understanding and extraordinary sense of Graphics including Color, Material trends, application, and cycles
• Ability to understand design concepts and think conceptually
• Ability to create designs that meet category needs and commercial opportunities
• Ability to design for new initiatives and products with a fresh, innovative perspective
• Ability to operate in a fast pace, ever changing work environment
Education & Qualifications:
• BA in industrial, graphics, color, apparel or accessory design. Completion of a college diploma program in graphic arts also accepted.
• 8-10 year’s experience in senior graphic/print roles, experience in apparel design industry strongly preferred
• 5+ years senior level management experience, directly managing creative teams and large cross-functional project teams
• Experience leading team of graphic artists in a fashion retail environment
• Abreast of innovative technology as it relates to new graphic design techniques
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.
Apply via Email: email@example.com